Excellent replacement kitchen sink and disposal

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkSmith

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Time to replace the 35 year old white self-rimming Lakefield. Yes, 35 years old. Awesome.

Lakefield: http://www.wayfair.com/Kohler-Lakefield-33-x-22-Self-Rimming-Kitchen-Sink-K-5924-4-KOH18437.html Not sure if this sink has the identical measurements of the Lakefield series 35 years old.

The disposal is on the smaller basin.

Think I'd like stainless steel, but would like it to fit in the existing butcher block cut out currently occupied by this Lakefield.

• 1. Which double basin stainless steel sink should be chosen ?

• 2. Will it fit into the butcher block cut out already present ? In looking around, cannot find the cut out dimensions for this Lakefield, nor the cut out dimensions for the proposed replacement sink.

Lastly, which garbage disposal (make and model) do you recommend ?

If it's too complex to change sinks, then I'll just get another Lakefield. What do you think ? Is steel much better ?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Any 33 x 22 stainless steel sink will fit the cutout you have. The cut out for the lake field was 32-1/4 x 21-1/4 with a 1-1/2 radius on the corners. What you will need is longer clips to pull the sink down because the butcher block top is thicker then a standard counter top.

Any 33 x 22 stainless steel sink will fit the cutout you have. The cut out for the lake field was 32-1/4 x 21-1/4 with a 1-1/2 radius on the corners. What you will need is longer clips to pull the sink down because the butcher block top is thicker then a standard counter top.

That was quick !

Thank you.

1. Was the Lakefield 35 years ago the same cut-out as the Lakefield now ?

2. Do you recommend stainless over the Lakefield ?

3. Which gauge stainless steel do you recommend ?

4. A friend told me something like Elkay (?spelling) Lustertone 18 gauge. Price is not an issue. Which brand, surface, and gauge do you recommend ?

5. Don't know what you mean by longer clips. What do the clips do ?

6. Best garbage disposal to use ? Imagine changing to stainless steel means a quieter unit will be needed. My present unit is a 35 year old Waste King SS5000.

Last edited:

Just found a website and it listed the Lakefield cut out a bit different from yours. They listed: 31-7/8" X 20-3/4" with 1-1/2" radius corners.

Lowe's has 16 guage sinks: http://www.lowes.com/Search=stainle...earch=true&Ntt=stainless+steel+kitchen+sinks#!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back