Ergo-Auger

Discussion in 'Plumbing Tools and Equipment' started by auger-elbow, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Aug 26, 2017 #1

auger-elbow

auger-elbow

auger-elbow

Not soliciting sales, yet, just sharing the concept. Our extensive experience with the prototyping tell us:
    1. Pistol-grip drain machine designs are now obsolete
    2. Auto-feed mechanisms are un-needed now for at least up to 50' cables
    3. This design beats all pistol-grip and also small floor models/"sink machines" in every way; it works well under lavs and kitchen sinks, vents, floor and shower drains, love it for tub overflow!
    4. The lack of stress and strain it puts on the user allows user to focus on the clog/obstruction rather than the wrestling match that comes with the pistol rodder machine
    5. Actually makes it a cleaner job, and once the improved drum comes out...no more drum spray/"rooster tail"
    6. So ergonomic and easy to use a child can handle a job that a lot of adult men can't, but not advocating children actually do this

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt21rRhZeaY[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  2. Sep 11, 2017 #2

Mr_David

Mr_David

Mr_David

Easily Amused Professional

Nice. I like it.

3. Sep 12, 2017 #3

auger-elbow

auger-elbow

auger-elbow

Thanks. It's crazy easy to use. Hopefully it's on the market soon so you can give it a go!

4. Sep 12, 2017 #4

Matt30

Matt30

Matt30

Professional Professional

I can vouch for the often difficult use of the super vee. This design looks much easier, tho I would like to see how it performs ovet long distances and multiple bends

5. Sep 13, 2017 #5

auger-elbow

auger-elbow

auger-elbow

My opinion is that it performs exceptionally well with a 50' cable and as far as the bends go; because you're not fighting the weight of the machine it's easier to finesse the cable....it's a back and knee saver too.

But honestly, if a 45 pound child can demonstrate the machine imagine how a pro makes it perform. No child could ever do this with a k45, Super V or any other pistol grip design. I'll let you guys know as soon as it's out!

6. Mar 11, 2018 #6

safaristew

safaristew

safaristew

Hi just wondering how far away you are to releasing it and if it will have a cordless option thanks
    safaristew

7. Mar 11, 2018 #7

Geofd

Geofd

Geofd

Professional Professional

General makes a nice cradle for the super v this is also
    another great option

8. Mar 12, 2018 #8

auger-elbow

auger-elbow

auger-elbow

We're shooting for six months from now for the corded release. The cordless is tricky; we can't possibly create an Ergo-Auger for every cordless platform that is out there. This really falls on the manufacturers of cordless tools to do this. I've approached/propositioned all the major cordless tool companies, and some minor ones too; everyone tells me they're "not interested". Every one of these guys I've talked too are engineers or managers etc, not one of them, I'm almost certain, has ever had to be on their knees, crammed into a dirty cabinet with dirty water spraying all over them......so it's hard for them to relate and see the benefit of a better tool for the job.

9. Mar 12, 2018 #9

auger-elbow

auger-elbow

auger-elbow

I've used it. It's called a "handy-stand". In theory its great. In practice it's not so great. My team has also used it; everyone has come to the same independent opinion of the handy-stand. I'm suspecting that any on this forum would say the same. I'd be interested in hearing the opinion of others who have used...