Electric Water Heater Element replacement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to AO Smith the 3800 and 4500 50gal are identical in all ways other than the elements so I had no issue swapping for the 4500 elements. It does “technically” affect the warranty which does not concern me. Didn’t want or need to push my luck to the 5500 watt. Elements. The only purpose (according to AO Smith) for the 3800 was a downgrade for older homes. They even cost the same. My plumber evidently just grabbed the wrong one from Lowe’s.

According to AO Smith the 3800 and 4500 50gal are identical in all ways other than the elements so I had no issue swapping for the 4500 elements. It does “technically” affect the warranty which does not concern me. Didn’t want or need to push my luck to the 5500 watt. Elements. The only purpose (according to AO Smith) for the 3800 was a downgrade for older homes. They even cost the same. My plumber evidently just grabbed the wrong one from Lowe’s.
It won’t affect the warranty. They’ll warranty that tank just the same.

Latest posts

Back