Easy to clean gas water heater?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo1915

Reaction score
I am looking for a reliable brand, low tech, gas water heater, with the new filters/ screens/ air intakes that are easy to clean/ maintain. Searches on the internet are all over the place!

The best and easiest to clean would be a Bradford white electric. Gas heaters have enough issues on them now days to meet the various code requirements, going electric is the simplest way, and they are decent to clean out inside.

chukar said:
The best and easiest to clean would be a Bradford white electric. Gas heaters have enough issues on them now days to meet the various code requirements, going electric is the simplest way, and they are decent to clean out inside.

Technically , electric is not the cleanest technology. Heat pump is. Way more expensive, but saving galore with those units. I went to a smud training in ca and thy said by 2025 the will discontinue electric water heaters and only use hybrid heat pump water heaters in residential homes.

Do I believe that.... He'll no

All this electric information sounds great, but, for me, an electric water heater is not possible. I need something gas, low tech (no power vents, hybrids, etc.), reliable, with an easy to clean air filter/screen/intake.

Back