Dropped something in toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rone703

Reaction score
Dropped this in the toilet today. It is about 2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. Do I need to panic and call the plumber? I stuck my hand down there and also used the plunger and I could not retrieve it.

pic1.jpg

If it made it through the toilet it's probably gonna be okay.
If the rest of the system does not have a partial blockage or a history of problems then it will most likely get carried away and be okay.

If you flushed the toilet and there was no clog, you will be fine. Most drain lines are bigger than that object.

If you have company over around christmas, and the plumbing backs up, that $1.21 cent toss will be around $430.00 to have a plumber pull the toilet and run a machine.

I'd call and have a plumber clear it so you don't have to worry about it backing up.

Toilet paper is building up against it till it eventually stops everything.

If you have company over around christmas, and the plumbing backs up, that $1.21 cent toss will be around $430.00 to have a plumber pull the toilet and run a machine.

I'd call and have a plumber clear it so you don't have to worry about it backing up.

Toilet paper is building up against it till it eventually stops everything.

Shhhhhh!!! I'm just trying to generate some work for the next guy.:rolleyes:

If it made it through the toilet it's probably gonna be okay.
If the rest of the system does not have a partial blockage or a history of problems then it will most likely get carried away and be okay.

I did say "if it made it through".
What I didn't say was that if it didn't then you will probably need to call a plumber to auger and even maybe pull the toilet to remove it.

DUNBAR PLUMBING does actully have good advice.
That is if you want the peace of mind of not having a problem.

Think of it as putting a coin in a slot machine.
Do You Feel Lucky

Try a snake. if it is about 2 inches wide it could be trapped sideways in the pipe, which means it will build up stuff around it and cause issues down the line. Better safe than sorry...or paying those wonderful Christmas day plumber rates.

Latest posts

Back