Drain problem or poor toilet design?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My apologies to JoShUaNyCpLuMbEr if you interpreted my post as questioning your knowledge, I did not. I know nothing of your knowledge level and assume it is as vast as you state. Thank you for helping the OP.

You are correct, I did not offer any specific recommendations because the topic has been hashed and re-hashed ad nauseum on this and other plumbing forums already. I did not want to start the millionth discussion of which toilet is better. Nor did I knock your indirect Flushmate recommendation.

I have seen a lot of signage on displays of many toilet brands that refer to power flush. The term is often mis-appropriated for use on other than Flushmate toilets. I respect the performance of the Flushmate toilets you recommend but I will no longer install them. I have sold and installed about 30 of them in the last 24 years and had to dig through my paperwork in the last 2 years to find and contact every one of those customers. Due to the hazardous defects built in to EVERY Flushmate sold prior to a couple of years ago, Sloan had to come up with a repair to keep them all from blowing up and sending shards of porcelain flying. I have been contacting my customers and offering to repair them for free because I want to do what I can to help prevent the problems with the toilet I installed. Sloan generally makes great quality products that I often install, but after all this I have chosen to not personally install any more Flushmates. Just my own personal deal, if anyone else wants to sell and install them and get the profit, good for them. There are plenty of other toilets for me to install.

Oh, and by the way, I am definitely not a hack but I LOVE hacks because I will be putting my children through college off what I make fixing their disasters!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back