drain cleaning

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saladcafe

Reaction score
I am starting my own business cleaning drains between 3'inch and 8 inch in diamitor. Some of these pipes are clay other pvc.... I am only able to buy a sectional machine at this moment..... would it be better to buy a small water jetter instead, I have noticed the water trucks around but not many sectional machines being used - I am in christchurch and the water trucks are mainly cleaning sewage pipes due to an earthquake??? (I imagine these trucks are doing much bigger drains though???

You might be surprised to find that in many areas drain cleaning and jetting is not considered a plumbing service. As long as none of the plumbing piping is altered anybody can clean sewers and some companies are quite good at it. In my area, when a plumber gets in over his head and is not equipped to handle the job, he can call on one of these specialty companies to bail him out.

If your going into the drain cleaning business you will find that one size doesn't fit all. You will need different size cables for different jobs. In many cases a jetter will also be required.

John

Latest posts

Back