Double Handle Bath/Shower Faucet Repair

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpartyka

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I am a new homeowner and I have a repair to do. My bath faucet has two rotating handles (one in front of the other). One controls the temperature, and one controls the water pressure.

Referring to the attached photo, we can see a white plastic "rectangular-shaped" rod. A handle fits over top of that to control the temperature. The smaller, metal rod also has a handle that fits on it to control the pressure.

Both handles need to be replaced. I live in a condominium and would like to avoid paying $200 to have the plumber turn off the water (that's how it works). The way I see it, if those handles broke off with the water on, I'm sure I can find replacement parts so that I don't have to replace the whole thing.

Does anyone know a) what type of tap this is called, and b) what kind of connection is on the two rods? I apologize if this seems trivial, but I have zero experience with plumbing and would appreciate any help provided.

Thanks and have a good one,
Mike

picture.jpg

Back