Double bowl sink water raises from one bowl to another

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishaguy

Reaction score
I installed 8 inch deep double bowl kitchen sink.
I made two lines with two traps by putting wye to my main drain pipe.
This works when we use sink in a normal way.
However, if we close strainer and collect water in one bowl, then open strainer, water does not go completely to the drain. Instead, it raises up to the second another bowl.
How to resolve this problem?
Thanks

thanks, how to snake it?
this is the old house - drain line is metal

actually can I put sort of the check valve on the pipes going from sink outlets to the main drain?

No-no check valves! You tube has tons of videos on how to snake a kitchen drain. Some are good and many are really bad. Watch a few and you should be able to do this job.

Can you show us how its piped? It may be an unfixable problem, if its really a problem at all.

If its all 1 1/2" piping, water could just be raising in the other bowl because it has nowhere else to go. The drainage cant handle the load thats put on it. Does it drain slowly away? Any air bubbles or anything?

Can you show us how its piped? It may be an unfixable problem, if its really a problem at all.

If its all 1 1/2" piping, water could just be raising in the other bowl because it has nowhere else to go. The drainage cant handle the load thats put on it. Does it drain slowly away? Any air bubbles or anything?

hush yo mouth!!! the international code says 1 1/2 is fine and dandy for a sink drain. what you are describing can not be possible [sarcasm] :D

Back