DONT ever buy/install Glacier Bay 3 handle Valves

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Another-Plumber

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
OMG, took me 6 hours to install two of these valves, should have only took less than 45 mins each... where do i start? biggest issue i had was at the union where the mip connects, 1st the pipe dope didnt work, then 3 wraps of teflon tape didnt work, had to use like 6 wraps to stop the leaks and really crank down with pipe wrenchs (like i know im not supposed to do) Shhhshshhs... then on these flanges behind the handles, no way to tighten them to the valve, had to caulk them to the wall, oh, and the shower arm is 100% PLASTIC...
Fellas, DO NOT INSTALL THIS TRASH LIKE I DID TODAY.... I never buy Glacier Bay faucets or anything made by them, but i was in a pinch and needed two 3 handle valves today..... After today i will NEVER buy Glacier Bay period, you know how people say, Never say Never? well im saying NEVER..:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yikes, thanks for the heads up I will remember the product.

I feel a little like this about Price Phister ( of Phister Price as I call em ) after We recieved valves where the cartridges were completelly dissasembled ( like SEVERAL pieces with O rings and Push tabs and all )

I kinda feel the same about copper sinks also, Expensive, nice, a pain in the ass to install and HIGH maitenance...... I mean really how many people Oil their sinks regularilly ?

have yourself a well deserved barly pop man... sometimes you gotta use whats at hand . :)

yea Liquid, i had a problem with the pp valves at some time also. however, the GB valve are strictly a Piece of Sh... since they were made in China, i have a feel the threads are different sizes like with other fittings... just do yourself a favor, Dont buy it... LOL

Not the 1st complaint ive heard of GB. Personally ive only ever installed 1 GB toilet, and it looked just like a re-branded Foremost toilet. Thanks for the heads up on the garbage

Its always a day ruiner when you go to a job to install something thats owner provided, its almost always the cheapest of the cheap from home depot. I always regret installing pegasus, price pfister, glacier bay, ect.
I've too incountered the half way assembled shower valve cartridges. Rediculous.

Agreed! We have had several problems with Glacier Bay products that leak after we haver had our plumber install them. This causes problems for the homeonwer as in most cases they have usually just had a new cabinet installed and the new faucet leaks onto the new cabinet.

Latest posts

Back