Do one-piece cast iron flange and waste tubes exist?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krabideaux

Reaction score
During demolition of a bathroom remodel I found I'll have to replace a broken cast iron toilet flange (3", first floor over basement with underneath access). I first thought I'd have to replace a leaded-in flange but upon inspection from the basement I don't see an apparent seam where the flange was connected to the pipe. It looks like the flange and tube (approx 6' - 8") are one piece. I don't plan on replacing this entire piece with a similar item, I'm just curious if this type of piece does/did exist and that I'm assessing this situation correctly. Anyone ever heard of this? Thanks in advance!

Post some pictures if you can.one from top and one from below if you can.

I have never seen a flange and closet bend ( not drain tube ) as a single piece unit.

If you can see in the pics it look like the flange and tube (sorry if there's a special name for it - I don't know) seem to be one piece and are connected to the bend with a no-hub. I was assuming I would be able to remove a flange from the 'tube' and attach a new flange. From what I see it looks like I would have to replace down to the bend, or further.

As an aside - does that flange look like it should be replaced? It's at least 20 years old (as long as I've been in the house) but very easily could be the original - 1969.

20160404_101443.jpg

20160404_101605.jpg

20160404_101924.jpg

Sorry I didn't get back to you right away. Thanks for the picture.
You probably already resolved this.

That is a NO HUB flange. No LEAD required.

Run a search for NO HUB cast iron water closet flange. OR

You can replace it with a plastic.
use PVC or ABS with a stainless steel adjustable ring and a Mission band to connect back to the existing cast

Latest posts

Back