Do I have enough water pressure?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ITSANSS

Reaction score
I bought the house next door to the one I already own. I already have water service at my current home and am going to restore water to the new (old) home soon. It needs all new plumbing underneath the house. :eek:

What I'm wondering is if I can tap into my existing water line and have enough pressure to accommodate both residences. What do ya'll need to know from me to at least estimate whether or not I would have enough juice to keep everyone happy with plenty of water?

Thanks!

What would prevent you from using the other home's existing water service to supply it with water? Barring something odd circumstance, that would likely be the most hassle free approach.

The typical home probably has a 3/4" line which is good to about 10 gpm. That would give maybe two showers and a dishwasher or washing machine filling. Maybe. It might be possible.

If I was doing it, I might add a check valve at your service entrance and a 40-50 gallon well tank to system. The well tank would be used to provide a bit extra flow for a short duration, say a toilet flushing or two when under high demand. Then it might be possible but not foolproof

Might also get into problems with the water supplier if they find that your feeding two homes with one meter.

Back