Dishwasher Leaking at Water Line Connection

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasmine123

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was hoping to get some advice. I have replaced my dishwasher and the connection between the water line and the L-shape compression fitting (bottom of L) is leaking. I tried a to put plumbers tape around the ring on the compression fitting (not the threaded part) and that didn't work either. Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can stop this slow leak? (I have tightened the screw very tight).

Thanks,
Jasmine

IMG_0029.jpg

Thanks SHEPLMBR. The water line pipe is welded to the main supply. I don't have any tools or the knowledge to cut the pipe and replace with a braided supply. Is there anything else I can do?

cut it off and get a new compression sleeve and nut. It may not have compressed square on the 3/8" tubing

Thanks SHEPLMBR. The water line pipe is welded to the main supply. I don't have any tools or the knowledge to cut the pipe and replace with a braided supply. Is there anything else I can do?

It should be tied to a valve under the sink.

Thanks all for your suggestions! I replaced the compression sleeve and nut and it seems to be working.

Latest posts

Back