Dishwasher Hot tap in old Galvanized pipe under sink. Which adapters?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the style of couplings that I inherited when I bought a house, and which turned me against them after pvc sump pump lines failed. E8E1307F-9D95-43D3-9E36-36AB624086B3.png

I have used 1000's of dressers as long as the pipe is restrained they will last a long time

of course. the ''correct'' fix would be to remove the galvi pipe and replace with new pipe

i do believe that a dresser tee [middle threaded] can be found on a goggle search.

note.. do not use a pvc dresser only use a gavli dresser

a dresser is a repair fitting. and the correct position of the fitting is in a pipe run that does not move
it can not be used on a end of the line
Can I use a Brass Dresser tee on galvanized pipe? Seems only the gasket makes contact to both metals.

Here is a pic of a 1/2" Galvanized pipe, that was left in my home, after a re-pipe, back in the 80's or so.....home built in 1960, the pipe is clogged to about 10% flow.....by RUST / mineral deposits....

if AT ALL possible, get rid of galv pipe.... !!!

Attachments

• 20200930_183147.jpg
    20200930_183147.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 4
Hi Doc, The hot pipe closest to to drain on left is supply coming from crawl space under house. Feeds up to sink above. The sink and surrounding tile are 1930's vintage so irreplaceable. I was trying to avoid having to demo the kitchen sink. I think i have a solution as to feed 2 separate copper pipes (in-line) up to sink and connect half way with hot valve in center. That way i don't have to demo the outside wall as one contractor suggested. Jeff advised me to use brass at thread connects from source galvanized pipe. Space is tight in this old construction. Cabinets were the last thing added in those days.

Hold on.
BACK UP
I need some clarification.
Since you refuse to upload a picture of the water pipe
maybe you can tell me EXACTLY how the sink is water piped
DOES the water pipe come from below into te bottom of the cabinet, then transition to a copper line
when it hooks up the faucet?

Back