Disassembling a faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIY Tom

Reaction score
My kitchen faucet is leaking and I'm trying to disassemble it.

I took off the only small cap I could find and was expecting to find a screw of some sort behind it. But it seems to have some very small screw or none at all or probably it's stripped. Am I looking in the right place? Do I need some kind of precision screwdriver to unscrew it?

Also I'm curious if someone has any sense of what brand this faucet it. I looked all around and came up empty.

Thanks.

20230320_164603.jpg20230317_175814.jpg

It’s a cheap faucet, just replace the entire thing. I believe it to be price pfister.

There’s an Allen wrench screw in the bottom of that hole. It may be stripped.

It’s a cheap faucet, just replace the entire thing. I believe it to be price pfister.

There’s an Allen wrench screw in the bottom of that hole. It may be stripped.
Thank you. I can only see a rather rounded hole with my naked eye. I think it may be stripped too.

Just got a pic from under the faucet and it looks like it's secured with just a screw. 20230321_065001.jpg

For future reference, I believe that small set screw takes a 5/64th's allen wrench to remove. I do agree, trying to rebuild that faucet will be time consuming and usually will work 50% of the time. It is best to say goodbye to that faucet and get something nice, bright and new.

Latest posts

Back