Demo Master shower, Unkown Drain Pipe, what do you think?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIYHomeowner

Reaction score
We where in the process of demoing are shower and tub, when we came across a drain pipe the runs between the show and tub. We plan to create a double walk in. But since this Pipe is here we have know Idea what it could be or where it comes from. Any idea?

Thanks
:)

Untitled-2.jpg

Just guessing, but I am thinking that is a vent for the shower. This will be difficult to remedy correctly, I would recommend calling in a reputable plumber.

DIYHomeowner said:
We where in the process of demoing are shower and tub, when we came across a drain pipe the runs between the show and tub. We plan to create a double walk in. But since this Pipe is here we have know Idea what it could be or where it comes from. Any idea?

Thanks
:)

Without a doubt it's a vent, if it's a slab house needs to be broken up and exposed in the concrete then rerouted to the wall and tied back in if it's a crawlspace house needs to be cut off below floor and open a wall up to recent or tie it back in to the same existing vent in the wall watch where you run it though keep it somewhat close there are regulations on how far the vent can be from traps

Thank Guys!i finally have an idea of what it is, I will defiantly be calling a plumber tomorrow, Thanks Again:)

Latest posts

Back