Delta Tub and shower valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Another-Plumber

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
whats the difference between the blue and white Delta cartridges? was one made first then re-did? seem like i only one i can find is the blue cartridge when i need the white... im just trying to understand the difference besides the with of the two prongs. thanks

There are a few white bottomed delta cartridges, the blue style is newer and I am fairly confident that it is blue simply to avoid confusion with the older styles. The "blue pants" has a better pressure balancing system inside it, apparently but I'm not sure why they couldn't have just updated the old cartridges. Of course, all the newer Peerless showers also use this cartridge so maybe it was just a matter of streamlining production.

i just bought a new delta valve today and it has the white cartridge, tell me this, the blue cartridge the prongs are they the same as the white? i dont think so, however i can be wrong about this. also, why cant i simply disassemble the cartridge and replace the seats and springs when needed?

There are at least two white bottomed delta cartridges which have different posts than the blue (and each other). There is also a white bottomed cartridge specific to dual control faucets.

Assuming your faucet is just leaking you can just replace the seats and springs, it drives me nuts when my guys give out a whole cartridge for a seat issue. If you shake the cartridge you should hear a knocking sound, if there is no sound then the pressure balance spool is busted and the whole cartridge needs to be replaced.

i agree slow drip, but everytime i changed the springs and seats, it still drips.. the PB spool cant be bad everytime, have you replaced just the springs/seats and had it work? let me know, cuz im starting to think these cartridges are made to be replaced... at this pace i should call delta and ask for 100 of the "lifetime warranty" stems

I give customers seats and springs almost daily, and tell them to come back for a whole cartridge if the seats don't work. (Bluepants cartridges are like gold, my delta rep is always out of them and I get maybe 5 a month). I haven't counted exactly but I would say maybe one in a hundred customers comes back for the whole cartridge.

Are you using genuine delta seats and springs? I know that sounds silly but the delta rubber is actually a bit thicker and the springs a bit uh...springier? than most generic brands I have seen. There are a lot of knock-offs out there.

yea, straight from my delta kit, never had a problem with the old style, ill try again... thanks drip

Latest posts

Back