Delta touch faucets?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kathymc7719

Reaction score
Has anyone used these faucets? I am afraid to install one of these because I have a cat that may play games with it. Are that quite touch sensitive?

I currently just installed one at my house. It works GREAT! but yes I would not want your cat touching it. If he just rubs against it I don't see it being a problem, but if he's playing around with it he'll turn it on. However he would prob learn his lesson if he soaks himself.

I like Delta faucets but I'm not too sure about these faucets. Have you seen the tinny check valves that are part of the supply tubes? It won't take much for them to stick open and allow a cross connection between the hot and cold.

John

I would be concerned if there were small children in the house. You know they would always be touching it to see it work. My luck the drain stopper would be in the kitchen sink... :eek:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feA0b2kVuBE[/ame]

Me Rikey!

Haven't had any problems with this faucet. The design works by the principle of a battery operated solenoid below.

Every single installation I've been told they wouldn't know what to do without the ease of use of this product.

A little pricey, but well worth its functionality.

I have to agree with JohnJ here. Can't see how it would be any different than having a mixing valve/ volume vale set-up in a shower. The mixing valve would constantly be open, causing the cross-connection. Or is there some type of meter in the handle which would shut the thing off after a period of non use?

I have to agree with JohnJ here. Can't see how it would be any different than having a mixing valve/ volume vale set-up in a shower. The mixing valve would constantly be open, causing the cross-connection. Or is there some type of meter in the handle which would shut the thing off after a period of non use?

That would be nice but the thing stay's on until you turn it off. I hope this isn't a sign of thing to come from Delta.

John

There is a blue led light indicator at the base of the faucet.

It's designed to let you know that the faucet is "on" to which the handle is up and you need to put the handle down.

Majority will never leave that handle up, as it looks odd with it up and no water coming out.

The target audience of this faucet, higher income families.

Electronic solenoid valve. Same exact thing found on your washing machine, dishwasher, icemaker and humidifier.

There is a blue led light indicator at the base of the faucet.

It's designed to let you know that the faucet is "on" to which the handle is up and you need to put the handle down.

Majority will never leave that handle up, as it looks odd with it up and no water coming out.

The target audience of this faucet, higher income families.

What is the advantage of the faucet if it's left off? Have you seen the size of the check valves? There little tinny things that are part of the supply tubes.My point was it will take very little to foul them causing a cross connection between the hot and cold. Take a look at the size of these things.

http://www.deltafaucet.com/customer...tailArea=kitchen&documentIndex=0#flashWrapper

John

Back