Delta monitors

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayare

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Im just looking for some more tips again from the masters lol. Is there any tricks to getting the basic delta monitor set screw out of the handle after they have been in use for a while(besides wd40 of course :p). My company has a contract to adjust all the scald protecters in houses but half the time I cant even get the damn handle off! Lol

We stock delta lever handles just for this situation. Use a drill bit to drill the set screw out. If the set screw is corroded/frozen in place, it will snap in half any way. You can also try a easy out extractor if the hex head is bad.

this happens quite often and the only real remedy Is to cut the cartridge with a sawzall and Replace the cartridge and Handle. When you install the new one do yourself or the next guy a favor and drop a dab of sillicone into the hole for the set screw, that way next time it needs replacing or servicing you can just scoop out the sillicone wad and the screw will ( should ) come out easilly as it wont be Oxidized into its place.

it always works :)

could also try an extractor bit, but my experiences with this are Sawzall + lazer cut metal blade = no problem in 40 secionds.
make sure the water is off.

ya we had to cut a couple out with a sawzall. It seems like a lot to change the scald protector but what can ya do lol

here it has been old hotels that have needed this done as the Safety board recentlly decided that 37 'c was the magic number .

Latest posts

Back