Delta Model 2530 dripping

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemmon

Reaction score
My Delta Faucet was leaking under the unit on the hot side about a year ago.
so I ordered the new valve and seat and spring. Replaced it and all good.
about 3 months later I noticed a drip. I determined it was hot side so I pulled it apart
and all looked good but there were some "crumbs" in the body so I flushed it out.
put everything back together and it was still leaking. cleaned it out again and put it all
back together still leaking. ordered a new valve, seat and spring put it back together all good
a few days ago I noticed it was dripping again BUT if I use it then turn it off then push the handle
"more" off or hold it off it stops leaking until I use it again. Im a brave amateur but this has me stumped
any insight I just ordered another valve and seat altho this time direct from Delta instead of quick after market
but the whole thing with holding it in off position will stop it from leaking doesnt make sense to me

TIA
Lemmon

Delta has lifetime warranty, but the faucets are darn cheaply made.
Not much to do, if parts are replaced and everything is installed tight, then it is just a product failure and normally covered.
I've had a few new faucets defective out of the box, trust me on that.

Delta has lifetime warranty, but the faucets are darn cheaply made.
Not much to do, if parts are replaced and everything is installed tight, then it is just a product failure and normally covered.
I've had a few new faucets defective out of the box, trust me on that.
Thank you
Appreciate it

Don’t use aftermarket parts.

Make sure you install the parts correctly.

If there’s trash in your water, it’ll keep happening. Consider a filter.

Don’t use aftermarket parts.

Make sure you install the parts correctly.

If there’s trash in your water, it’ll keep happening. Consider a filter.
Thank you
I do have a whole house filter but I still get these crumbs.
Like black or dark gray disintegrated rubber crumbs
from time to time
especially the hot water

the sink was fine for the first 6 or so years before any issues

Thanks
Lemmon

Thank you
I do have a whole house filter but I still get these crumbs.
Like black or dark gray disintegrated rubber crumbs
from time to time
especially the hot water

the sink was fine for the first 6 or so years before any issues

Thanks
Lemmon
You might have stainless braid rubber hoses or black cloth over rubber water connections to your water heater. It may be coming from there.

Post pics of the top of your water heater piping.

As recommended above, I have had best results using OEM Delta parts in my faucets, plus, as mentioned, they come with a lifetime warranty.

You might have stainless braid rubber hoses or black cloth over rubber water connections to your water heater. It may be coming from there.

I do have the stainless braided hoses on the water heater

IMG_8304.jpeg

Back