Delta Faucet Warranty "SUCKS"

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Another-Plumber

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
I installed a delta lav faucet 5 years ago, i went back and replaced the seats and springs because it started to drip, that didnt work, i replaced the stem, you know the expensive ones $23, still drips.... i cant find this faucet anywhere since im in california and the new lead free law is in effect, this faucet is in the master bedroom side by side of the excat one.... so this is where the run around begins---------------> i called Delta and told them the cold side leaks and is unrepairable, they wanted to send me seats and springs to fix the issue even though i told them i replaced them a few times already... i get the springs, throw them on my truck and call them back and tell them it didnt work, they ask me if i flushed out the system, the guy told me to remove the stem, take a bowl and put it over the opening and turn the water on... (what an idiot) i call back the next day saying that didnt work, then the say i need to go back to the customers house and wipe off and grease on the seats, (im like really, you gonna send me back to the customers house for the 5th time with this bullshait) so i call back again the next day saying it didnt work, (mean while i already bought the faucet online and installed it today) i called back today and told them still nothing, they want to send the faucet to the customers house and thats it... WTF i already installed the faucet...
Long story short, this went on for over two weeks, and Delta Faucet Warranty customer service SUCKS,,,,, i always recommend delta and Moen, from now on MOEN ONLY.... Look, im a plumbing contractor and you think you can send me back and forth to a customers house 5 times, 3 hours of phone time, all for a job that took me 20 mins to install the faucet... not to mention the $40 in gas i wasted.... Delta Customer Service gets a POOR grade from me.. Dont say you were NOT warned:mad:

Thanks for the heads up.

I have always liked Delta faucets, but if that is the kind of service they give to the contractors who sell and install their product, they are going to loose market share in a big hurry.

oh i know, i told them tooo, i recommend delta and moen, thats it, and if they think ill just go away they got another thing coming, i would of just bought the faucet and charged the customer, but i wasnt able to get it so i thought, but guess what, every one of their cartridges that need replaced, instead of paying $50 for it, im calling delta from now on... give me the run around, im NOT donating any more... ill still install delta, but every plumber i know will know about this...

As much as I hat delta, most faucet manufacturers will give you the same go around. I tell my customers that the factory warranty is virtually worthless. The only warranty you can depend on is the given by the installed contractor.

If the warranty doesn't cover travel and installation labor it's worthless. Unfortunately, almost all of them don't cover those expenses. Read the fine print on that "lifetime warranty". Chances are you can go ahead and wipe your behind with it.

www.lakelandboiler.com

Doesn't delta make moen? You'd like likely get the same run around lol. I haven't personally dealt with delta or moen for warranty on taps but I know what you're saying. The warranty is basically worthless cause like previously said they don't pay for labour then it's not worth it for you or the customer.

As much as I hat delta, most faucet manufacturers will give you the same go around. I tell my customers that the factory warranty is virtually worthless. The only warranty you can depend on is the given by the installed contractor.

If the warranty doesn't cover travel and installation labor it's worthless. Unfortunately, almost all of them don't cover those expenses. Read the fine print on that "lifetime warranty". Chances are you can go ahead and wipe your behind with it.

www.lakelandboiler.com

Sorry but I don't agree with you. All it takes is a call to Delta or Moens 800# and the will send you any part you need free of charge. Have had customers do it many times. They don't cover labor but they will even replace the entire faucet if the finish should fail.

John

Sorry but I don't agree with you. All it takes is a call to Delta or Moens 800# and the will send you any part you need free of charge. Have had customers do it many times. They don't cover labor but they will even replace the entire faucet if the finish should fail.

John

Right, and labor is the most costly part of the bill.

I would check the pressure to the home. It may not be fixture causing the problem. Also, flushing the line out may clear the piping of any possible intermittent obstructions causing an improper seal. Look for scratches or imperfections in the valve body as well.

Latest posts

Back