Delta faucet problem

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crosby1612

Reaction score
Delta faucet problem

Bathroom sink, the water continues to run for a few seconds after shut off, both hot and cold side. 2 of the exact same faucets in the bathroom, the other one shuts off immediately. This is a fairly new problem. I thought it was the cartridges; I replaced them but still have the problem.

Again, this is new within the past week and the other IDENTICAL faucet works perfectly fine.

Any other thoughts? Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0478.mov
    43.1 MB
The one that runs a little after it’s turned off may have missing aerator parts

You call that a problem ? It's not that it keeps running for minutes. I personally would not ever notice that or even care. Is there an actual concern here over water loss ? Sorry if that seems callus or rude, but if my wife showed me that, I would probably say , it's shutting off, what's the problem?

You call that a problem ? It's not that it keeps running for minutes. I personally would not ever notice that or even care. Is there an actual concern here over water loss ? Sorry if that seems callus or rude, but if my wife showed me that, I would probably say , it's shutting off, what's the problem?
It's a "problem" because it's new. It's different than it was a week ago. If that bothers you, just ignore this post and move along.

The one that runs a little after it’s turned off may have missing aerator parts
Hmmm I'm not sure how aerator parts would go missing. Unless someone snuck in last week and stole them. It has been working perfectly fine for the past year

It's a "problem" because it's new. It's different than it was a week ago. If that bothers you, just ignore this post and move along.
Well, if it continues to get worse, then sure, something has moved or worn since install. You could try swapping the cartridge from your good one and see if that helps.
Like I said, not trying to be rude. I apologize !

You shouldn't have to apologize. You were just stating a fact. He could of responded differntly to you. Good way to keep from
getting answers on this site.

Hmmm I'm not sure how aerator parts would go missing. Unless someone snuck in last week and stole them. It has been working perfectly fine for the past year
Then maybe some trash in the aerator.

You’re there, investigate it a little.

Yeah, took the aerator out and cleaned it. Didn't look like there was anything there but gave it a good clean anyway. Still same issue.
Oh ok, then replace the faucet. Delta will send you a new one out.

Or you could swap aerators and see if the problem follows

Last edited:
Well he said he replaced them, not swapping with known good ones.
Yeah, he said he replaced them. That’s good enough for me. All four would have to be bad in a way that I’ve never experienced before, so it’s not likely the cartridges are the issue. It’s likely the aerator or the outlet tube inside the spout

I have had this same problem in the past, Delta bathroom item, all of a sudeen drips for a few seconds after shutoff and never did before. The cartridge was fine, the problem was seat and springs either worn, or replaced with aftermarket . Since your problem began without maintenance interference by you, when you replaced the cartridge did you put in new oem seats and springs? If not try that. You are entitled to instant shutoff, which is how the faucet is designed and worked until it didn't. New faucet unnecessary.

I have had this same problem in the past, Delta bathroom item, all of a sudeen drips for a few seconds after shutoff and never did before. The cartridge was fine, the problem was seat and springs either worn, or replaced with aftermarket . Since your problem began without maintenance interference by you, when you replaced the cartridge did you put in new oem seats and springs? If not try that. You are entitled to instant shutoff, which is how the faucet is designed and worked until it didn't. New faucet unnecessary.
I agree with your statement about using genuine Delta parts. I have had problems with using aftermarket springs and seats not fixing dripping faucets. A couple of years ago, I bought a house that was built in 2006. Just about every faucet had a drip or leaked around the stem. I replaced every cartridge, spring and seat. I used oem cartridges, but had a hard time finding oem springs and seats at the big box stores. Learned quickly that the aftermarket springs and seats didn't always stop the drip.

Back