Dehumidifier Pump

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monsoonking

Reaction score
I have a dehumidifier in a crawl sapce type basement that I want to automatically drain.

1) The dehumidifier has a pump that drains to a small hose, but it needs to be manually turned on.
2) Additionally, there is a sink in the basement that drains into a large bucket. You can flip a manual switch to pump the bucket into a drain pipe.

What's the simplest way to automate the draining of the dehumidifier? I was thinking about just putting the dehumidifer in the sink, and it will drain into the large bucket. I just need the large bucket to automatically drain into the overhead pipe when it starts to fill up. There's no sump pump in the floor.
Any easy solutions?

Many thanks for you advice!

Looks like the dehumidifier has a discharge that I can tube into the condensate pump.

Will give that a shot.

Thanks!

Looks like the dehumidifier has a discharge that I can tube into the condensate pump.

Will give that a shot.

Thanks!
You still need to figure out where to now drain the condensate pump. Your sink doesn’t do it unless you wire up that float switch to the bucket it now drains into. If you go to outside, in most places in NY you’ll have to worry about the drain line freezing. Do you have access to any other drains in the space?

Back