CSST Gas Sizing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy_g

Reaction score
Hi I'm new and still trying to learn the trade. The project that i'm working on required to use CSST gas piping, but I don't know how to size that using table 1216.2(17) in the CPC. CSST sizes based on the Equivalent Hydraulic Diameter not the actual diameter. So how do I convert from EHD to actual diameter?. Please help!

Hi I'm new and still trying to learn the trade. The project that i'm working on required to use CSST gas piping, but I don't know how to size that using table 1216.2(17) in the CPC. CSST sizes based on the Equivalent Hydraulic Diameter not the actual diameter. So how do I convert from EHD to actual diameter?. Please help!
To the best of my knowledge all those tables are basically the same. All based on NFPA 54.
I believe you can use the table values just as they are. They appear to have the same values for the same criteria.

The "Equivalent Hydraulic Diameter" is what the chart is based on. Do you know the EHD size designation? I'll look tomorrow to see what the piping designations marked on the piping. I saw one table that simply showed that a EHD 31(for example) was a 1" Nominal size. and so on. Looks like they all correspond to a nominal pipe size.
I've never used CSST so I don't know how it's marked, etc.

Latest posts

Back