Cracked hose to bathroom sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This black plastic piece that attaches to the metal hose from the wall appears to have a crack and is dripping water. It leads to the cold water valve. What is the best approach? Should I disconnect it and take it to a plumbing store to find a replacement part? I couldn't see any brand name on the faucet. Pics attached.

IMG_20161021_222504.jpg

IMG_20161021_222519.jpg

How old is the unit? What brand is the unit? It could possibly be repaired but if the repair comes apart, you will be swimming soon. IMHO, a new replacement will last you for years to come. If it is a name brand and on the "newer" side, I'd return the entire faucet as a defect unit.

How old is the unit? What brand is the unit? It could possibly be repaired but if the repair comes apart, you will be swimming soon. IMHO, a new replacement will last you for years to come. If it is a name brand and on the "newer" side, I'd return the entire faucet as a defect unit.

I had someone put it in a little over a year ago but I don't know what brand. I can't see any branding on the unit. Any ideas on if I could replace just one side or does it make more sense to just replace the entire set? I guess I could go to a plumbing store and see what they think. I would rather play it safe rather than come home to a swimming pool after work..

I guess that all depends on what you want to spend. I'd personally just replace the entire unit rather to trust someone putting bubble gum on the broken piece.

Depending on the length of the split, it looks like you would get a 3/8" coupling with poly ferrules and some pipe to make the repair. Hard to tell from the picture though

The supply lines are similar to Ikea faucet lines. If you bought it from Ikea, return it to them for a replacement. Removal and installation of new faucet at your expense. If you do not know where you bought the faucet from, remove, purchase a new faucet and have it installed. I would not attempt to repair those lines.

That doesn't even look like it would hold for long. Change the faucet out with one with braided lines or copper lines. Don't mess with it. Not worth it.

It turns out it is a Pfister Pasadena 8 in Widespread two handle faucet. As a temporary fix I cut the plastic part that had the cracked piece put a compression fitting on it that I got from OSH. It seems to hold pretty well. No more leaking. I did call up Pfister and they are sending me a replacement faucet free of charge. Should I install the replacement faucet or just leave it as it is? The OSH guy seemed the think the replacement fitting was a good solution. I don't want to change faucet types because there are two faucets in the bathroom and I don't want to spend the money to replace both to have them match.

Last edited:
Back