Coupling Question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YEGHAM

Reaction score
Recently glued 2 PVC couplings to a 2" PVC SCH 80 pipe, the couplings were probably SCH 40, but I assumed it would be fine as the pipe is a drain pipe from an Aquarium, so it's not really under any pressure, it leads into a body of water below in the sump.

However, today while running the system, I noticed 1 of the couplings has the smallest little drop of water every few minutes or so. Would it be safe to just silicone from the outside and call it a day, or can that little drip of water eventually lead to the coupling coming apart? The rest of the same coupling is completely dry, I really don't know how it could have happened.

Opinions?

Thank you

Yeah, I think I did everything correctly, did the whole system with no leaks, except this coupling, so maybe I rushed it or didn't twist properly.

I tried to take apart the coupling but there was no budge, so I decided just to add more primer and cement along the lip and as of right now I think everything is good to go. Did a water test and no issues at all.

Latest posts

Back