Copper Type K pipe interior

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikesz

Reaction score
Howdy folks, I have plenty of Type K copper pipe laying around and I'm in need to redo the plumbing in my house; is there any reason NOT to use the type k copper pipe I have for the interior plumbing?

I rather not but ore type L to cover my interior installation if there are no drawbacks.

Thanks.

Thanks Chris, I thought so, but wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything.

K pipe is great to use, just thicker then L pipe. I use k copper on medical gas lines like oxygen wag and co2, the pipe sometimes I stuffer to get it into a fitting but over all if u have it and wanted thicker pipes use it.
Just more expensive.

K pipe is great to use, just thicker then L pipe. I use k copper on medical gas lines like oxygen wag and co2, the pipe sometimes I stuffer to get it into a fitting but over all if u have it and wanted thicker pipes use it.
Just more expensive.

got a tip for you,

get a flaring block, for your tool box, use it to resize your copper pipe. just close it over the pipe and squeeze and turn.
also, a cresant wrench works to :D

i carry a 3/8" die in my shirt pocket for 3/8 rod

The only reason for not using it is cost. If you have some just laying around go for it before someone scraps it.

Back