Copper pipe fastened on concrete wall

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can someone help to to figure out what or how I can fastened or strap copper pipe on a concrete wall? Can I use regular anchor screws for copper straps? I've heard copper doesn't get along with concrete. I need to run a water copper pipe along the side of the floor slab. thank you.

I would use unistrut and cush clamps. The Concrete when create holes in copper due to movement and concrete is acidic

Thank you journeyman, this water line is to feed a water heater and eventually the whole house, it will only be 30 feet of pipe. Why copper? Because I hear copper is better than galvanized, is it true? But, I also want it to look professional because it will run on the front side af the house. Would you recommend copper or galvanized? With galvanized, I would not have to worry to much because I can probably use one hole strap to secure it along the wall.

Thank you.

get a strut clamp to fit the pvc, measure your pipe and insulation..
say it is a 3/4 pipe and 1'' insulation,,you need a 3'' pvc pipe and a 3'' std s
strut clamp
where do you live any freeze concerns. if you want it to look professional

bathroomgroupsplumb1.png

Last edited:
I live in Los Angeles area ( San Fernando Valley), it's not really a freeze area. Thanks.

If you want it to look professional do not nail blocks to wall or use foam to cover pipes. If I can only be exterior use unistrut and cush clamps

Latest posts

Back