Continuously running toilet??

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcintoshmc

Reaction score
I just purchased an older home, and during the inspection it was noted that my water pressure was too high. It was measured at 120 psi. After closing, I purchased my own gauge, and it measured 120 psi as well. I could not adjust the previously installed pressure regulator attached to my water main, so I bought a new one, and set it to about 65 psi. Prior to the install my toilets worked fine, but now both toilets have a slow continuous flow. I thought that maybe this was due to the pressure being too low, so I raised it to 85 psi, but that didn't change anything. I find it odd that both toilets started to do this at the same time, so I believe it has to do something with the water pressure.

I opened the back of the toilet, and doesn't look like anything I've ever seen in a toilet, there is this contraption that rotates when I flip the handle, and I can't really see the suction cup to see If there's a proper seal, but once again i find it hard to believe that both experienced mechanical problems at the same time. Any ideas??

In you other post you say you have galvanized pipe. When you turned the water off and back on some debris from the pipe got into the fill valves causing them not to turn off. You may be able to take them apart and clean them or just replace them.

John

Google Flapperless toilet to see if that is what you have, if so , Home Depot have parts if you can't clean the fill valve as John stated.

Sometimes it's just a case of having some loose parts. Make sure everything is tightened, and if that doesn't work then follow the advice from the guys above.

Back