Contact tank prior to pressure tank?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmskis

Reaction score
I am installing a system to combat some iron bacteria, hydrogen sulfide, and iron. I am curious if I am able to install a contact tank prior to my pressure tank. Reason being that it might help to eliminate some buildup of the oxidized iron in my pressure tank. It basically would be flowing in this order:
1. Line in from well pump
2.check valve
3.Chem injector
4. Contact tank in bottom out top 30 gal
5. Into pressure tank
6. Out to sediment filter
7. To carbon backwash filter
8. To house

The chem injector is connected to well pump so it turns on and off with the pump. Lines would be 1.5 or at least 1.25 in size up until the pressure tank.

I would not move location of pressure switch. Currently it flows in from well through a check valve and into the pressure tank. I basically will add the chem injector and ct after the check valve but before the pressure tank of current system.

Thank you for some help and insight.

Depending on how much contact time you,, need things sound right. I might add a sediment filter after the contact tank, before the pressure tank.

Depending on how much contact time you,, need things sound right. I might add a sediment filter after the contact tank, before the pressure tank.
I did think about doing that. Maybe I will move it prior to the pressure tank to help keep it cleaner. I plan on having some pressure gauges to help determine when filter gets full.

Latest posts

Back