Constantly clogged toilet. Plumbing or toilet issue? Please help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

php2b

Reaction score
Hi, I have this issue with toilet that constantly clogged. I'm trying to find out if the issue is related to bad drain design or plumbing. Depending on how hard the "stuff" is, the water starts coming from the unifit (green unit) and the toilet itself. I was suggested to replace the toilet with better flash power but I'm not sure if issue is related to the toilet itself or plumbing :-/ Any help would be greatly appreciated
Picture 1 - connection between unifit and the toilet
Picture 2 - Drain from toilet

Attachments

• IMG_7942.jpg
    IMG_7942.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7938.jpg
    IMG_7938.jpg
    597.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7939.jpg
    IMG_7939.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7941.jpg
    IMG_7941.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
If that's one of those toilet with the plastic pieces that bolts to the floor+the flange it looks like a 2" pipe until it sits on the flange
I've only installed a couple but would never
Recommend one, also would be hesitant to use an auger because it's plastic, do you have just this one toilet or are there others, do they work they all work properly????

If that's one of those toilet with the plastic pieces that bolts to the floor+the flange it looks like a 2" pipe until it sits on the flange
I've only installed a couple but would never
Recommend one, also would be hesitant to use an auger because it's plastic, do you have just this one toilet or are there others, do they work they all work properly????
Well, I understand and agree with you but my wife only wants a concealed one. I ended up with spending $$$ on Toto yesterday :-/

Last edited:
Got Toto today and looks like I'm going to return it. They use the same 90 degrees angle in unifit unit. Looking on Grohe toilets, the look pretty nice and have very good reviews. They have Essense and Eurocube models. Any experience with Grohe?

Last edited:
No offense and not trying to pick a fight, but I have not met an American Standard toilet that flushes worth a darn. Sounds like you have had good experiences though.
Hey no worries, we're here to give and get info. Installed over a hundred in a building with no issues. I disengaged the 1.6 and only use the 1.1 flush button at home, works great.

Latest posts

Back