Connection for dishwasher water supply issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debaser

Reaction score
Hi,

I can't seem to remove the connection in the attached photo. I have tried placing pliers where the plastic tube meets the brass valve and turning counter-clockwise. The connection feels quite loose but just turns endlessly.

Could somebody kindly advise how this meant to be disconnected?

Thank you!

IMG_2135.jpg

Its not...thats a permanent connection only way is to cut the pipe which you did. Now heat up the ring without burning the plastic or fitting and simplely pull the pipe off.

It's not a threaded connection. That fitting is expanded with a tool and then put over the shut off valve. Try cutting it or heating it up and pulling it off. You will need to go back with pex though seeing as that is a pex shut off valve. Look up a tutorial video of uponor. Same style of connections. That will help you understand how it was put on.

That has been compressed on. With any luck, you can fit a wrench on the brass, between the plastic pex fitting and the valve.

Thanks! I actually have a heat gun handy, I'll try that next

To do anything further-As far as connecting to that valve again you will need a plumber with an Uponor type expansion tool

Or go somewhere and rent crimpers and go back with pex and brass crimp rings.

Really? Did not know that. Thought the uponor fittings were the same as regular pex fittings. The od bigger on uponor fittings? Or just bigger fittings all around?

Really? Did not know that. Thought the uponor fittings were the same as regular pex fittings. The od bigger on uponor fittings? Or just bigger fittings all around?

Bigger OD and ID. That’s why I use Uponor, more volume.

Back