Connecting PEX to CPVC Question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gausse

Reaction score
Have CPVC system in my home and I planning to add bathroom. I want to plumb the new bath using PEX. My question is about how to connect the two PEX lines into my existing CPVC system.

Was planning to add a tee into the 3/4" CPVC lines and then a short section of CPVC, a shut-off, a short section of CPVC and then a CPVC/PEX adapter that would be slip (glued) on one side and barbs (crimp ring) and the other side.

Problem is I am having trouble finding that adapter 3/4"Slip to 3/4" PEX. Anyone know the fitting I need and where to buy it? When I search I find a lot of the Sharkbite type push-in tees but not the glued fitting I planned to use. Not sure about using the push-in solution.

Call around to the plumbing suppliers in your area. In my area, not all suppliers carry them, but a few do.

That fitting is my preferred way of making that transition.

Stay away from the shark bite. I would definitely be doing with a threaded adapter if I couldn't find a transition coupling.

Ran across the King Brothers Inc. TPC-0750 adapter online. Appears to be slip on one end and stainless steel barb on the other end. Anyone know anything about this adapter? Any issue with stainless steel vs. copper?

Was also able to locate the threaded connectors and will use that if I don't find a one piece solution.

Last edited:
I have used KBI CPVC x threaded adapters a lot over the years, and don't have anything bad to say about them. I have the KBI CPVC x PEX crimp you are talking about on my truck now, and they appear to be of decent quality.

Back