Compatible Stanadyne Shower valve help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mari 07

Reaction score
Hi all! I’m trying to understand my plumbing for my shower in the home I just purchased the shower has barely any water and does not
Turn off using the knob pushing it in. so I opted to change the trim the brand states Stanadyne which i thought was Moen. However i purchased A Moen Adler 82604 and it’s not the right fit. Any suggestions ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
Without a doubt, that is a Moen 1225 series. Replacement cartridges come in an expensive all brass version and the cheaper one with a good bit of plastic.
Both work fine, even the knockoff Ace Hardware or Danco versions.

Without a doubt, that is a Moen 1225 series. Replacement cartridges come in an expensive all brass version and the cheaper one with a good bit of plastic.
Thank you ! Now i cant Find a trim kit that fits my 1225 do i have To convert?

There are many trim kits available if you search. You'll want to find the trim plate that have the two screw holes both below the big hole.
This is NOT Moen PosiTemp. You don't have PosiTemp

There are many trim kits available if you search. You'll want to find the trim plate that have the two screw holes both below the big hole.
I figured but when i went to Lowe’s they made me second guess myself since they had so many for 1222s and told me it wasn’t a 1225. I ended up purchasing one on Amazon. I will Be attempting to take out the cartridge today
thanks for confirming for me i thought It was however the person at Lowe’s was telling me I’m incorrect so i second Guesed myself i just Ordered off of Amazon now I’m sure the removal of the cartridge will be cumbersome. As it hasn’t been updated in so long from the looks. Wish me luck.

If you want a finish other than chrome there are no factory kits available without an adapter. With an adapter it is still limited and they're expensive. A customer recently used a Danco oil rubbed bronze kit with some success.

Alright now l can’t take out this cartridge for the life of me. 2528E54A-0185-41E3-BA5A-20B95770FC6F.jpegIt appears the flaps on the cartridge are distorted.I’ve tried everything. Andthere’s no way to turn the water off other than when i shut off the main valve so my whole house is without water :(

You may be able to have it replaced from the back side. A skilled plumber can do that.

Back