Commercial sink air gap

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keys4yourlife

Reaction score
Hello all..
I am wondering if any of you have had the problem of needing to install a commercial sing that requires an air gap. The usual requirement is to have a drain sink installed into the floor under the sink which requires running plumbing under the floor to that location or you have to put the sink where there is one already installed.
Most restaurants and places with a commercial sink requires an air gap. I searched and searched so far and the air gap units I’ve found are really expensive.
I have created an air gap that fits into the 1 1/2” pvc pipes and 2” pvc pipes that will eliminate the need to run the floor sink and can be installed anywhere you want to put the sink.
It only cost $30.00 and I’m wondering if anyone would be interested in something like that… the usual in line items I’ve found are expensive and hard to find… so I created one that’s simple and cheaper and easy to find. I’m looking to test my air gap to see which applications work and don’t work as well as pass inspections…
Anyone interested?

ummm, what about the grease trap? How many drainage fixtures are you using for your calculations? Will it be approved by your local plumbing codes? Most triple basin sinks require a 3" trap.

Show us some photos of your creation and we promise not to patent your idea. :)

Back