Colonoscopy is a good idea, Cologuard doesn't do as much. What about hydrojetting vs rodding the main? Which one should a home owner do first?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulwhatever

Reaction score
Never gave sewer line a thought until getting ready to sell after 35 years. First plumber did free video inspection and said need to get hydrojetting done. Contacted a few other folks and some just talked about rodding while others talked about hydrojetting. Went with the last guy I talked to who jetted out line. Two questions:

1) Is there any agreement in the trade which one to use first for roots, jet or rod?

2) Opinions on "after" jetting video included here of 1914 clay line

Thanks for watching 1.2 minutes.

18 months ago, stage two colon cancer missed with cologuard. Should have done colonoscopy much earlier than 67, but I knew it would never happen to me, no family history, and father 97, mother 94. Neither one have had a colonoscopy. Lucky me, only surgery so far.

Edited to remove confusion, best I can.

Fallor ergo sum – I err, therefore I am. Saint Augustine​

Attachments

• Video.mov
    6.7 MB
Last edited:
Although your first post is confusing referring to plumbing issues vs. colonoscopies, I thought it was important to let members know a routine colonoscopy can and will save lives. In fact, I lost my sister to colon cancer because of her thinking this was unnecessary.

Although your first post is confusing referring to plumbing issues vs. colonoscopies, I thought it was important to let members know a routine colonoscopy can and will save lives. In fact, I lost my sister to colon cancer because of her thinking this was unnecessary.
Sorry for your loss and my mother went the same way. Because of the risk factor due to heredity, I was getting routine colonoscopies from about fifty years in age. I had my last one at age 72 and, according to my doctor, getting them past a certain age, around seventy years of age or so, the risk of complications from the procedure outweigh any benefits of finding anything and he would not schedule another one. I am not sure if I should get a second opinion or not but it has started me to think about it.

18 months ago, stage two colon cancer missed with cologuard. Should have done colonoscopy much earlier than 67, but I knew it would never happen to me, no family history, and father 97, mother 94. Neither one have had a colonoscopy. Lucky me, only surgery so far.
Glad you caught it when you did. By the way, Cologuard is not indicated if there is any history of colon cancer in your family. I wouldn't trust it.

Yes, but just because there is no family history, doesn't make cologuard a good choice. Check your insurance for coverage, many plans cover colonoscopy 100%. One of those tests that gets coverage for good reason.

Back