Clogged pipe connecting all bathroom appliances

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure I can help you with this one. Maybe someone else can. For clarification, the lav basin doesn't retain the water when the pop up is engaged in order to fill up the lav basin with water is what I'm guessing that you are asking. And you replaced the old o-ring on the pop up with a new o-ring and the water slowly drains out but the water is not leaking under the cabinet. If the water was leaking under the cabinet I would say that the plumbers putty for the drain needs to be repacked but what I think you are saying is that the o-ring is not holding water in which case I'm not sure but maybe a thicker o-ring is needed.

I'm not sure I can help you with this one. Maybe someone else can. For clarification, the lav basin doesn't retain the water when the pop up is engaged in order to fill up the lav basin with water is what I'm guessing that you are asking. And you replaced the old o-ring on the pop up with a new o-ring and the water slowly drains out but the water is not leaking under the cabinet. If the water was leaking under the cabinet I would say that the plumbers putty for the drain needs to be repacked but what I think you are saying is that the o-ring is not holding water in which case I'm not sure but maybe a thicker o-ring is needed.

Thanks, gendow.

Yes, the basin does not retain water with the pop up engaged. No, it is not leaking through the o-ring. It is happening on the edge of the drain itself, I thought the picture would clarify this. As you can see in the picture, the whirlpool is occuring on the complete edge of the drain, not the drain.

Easy as pie. For $3 buy some plumbers putty. This video shows how to reapply plumbers putty and reseal your drain.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYAwdoe5RTg[/ame]

I never augured but the problem is back so it's happening today/tonight/tomorrow, I'll let you know of the results.

Back