clogged copper hot water loop in hotel

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe_Joe

Reaction score
I have a hotel circa 1980s with copper domestic hot water loop piping that is not leaking, but they have not treated the water and it is clogged everywhere - no hot water. They have been trying to fix it for a long time.

I am thinking piping replacement, but as a first step, I should I:
System should be flushed, filters added, filters checked & cleaned weekly for 3 weeks, then flushed again.

in addition, they have a 2,200 gallon steam to hot water heater storage tank with 1,000 gallon storage tank with a pump between that has not worked for over 4 yrs (probably alot of sediment in tank); never any hot water loop treatment, a city water main charcoal filter broke about 8 years ago and that was distributed throughout causing all of the toilet flapper valves to be replaced - but they did not do a thorough job - only replaced what stopped working, many shower mixing valve issues...

What should I do?

Great point!

I know that the 2,200 tank has a place to access and clean, but does a 1,000 gallon horizontal tank usually have an access port?

Thank you for your insight.

Back