Clogged Aerator PVC manifold in tank

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanAyo

Reaction score
The 1/2” PVC aerator manifold in my Wastewater Treatment System is clogged. What is the best way to clean the blockage out?
I plan to have the tank pumped in the next week or so.

Also, what is the best way to restore the bacteria in the freshly pumped tank? Is baker’s yeast a good idea?

Thanks in Advance,
Dan Ayo

I’d use water pressure first then if needed an air compressor with caution in an attempt to blow out the 1/2” line.

I don’t believe in the need to put anything in the tank other than human waste and sizing the tank properly for the intended demand.

Would it be a good idea to cut the top of the aerator pipe (inside and near the top) in the tank. Clean it out thoroughly, then put back into the tank with a PVC union? Would the rubber o-ring in the union last and hold pressure?

Would it be a good idea to cut the top of the aerator pipe (inside and near the top) in the tank. Clean it out thoroughly, then put back into the tank with a PVC union? Would the rubber o-ring in the union last and hold pressure?

Dont use a Union, use a coupling. Sure, anyway you want to clean it.

Latest posts

Back