Clobber Disaster - HELP

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aramze

Reaction score
Hello,

We had a plumber come over to take care of a clogged bathtub and after 2 unsuccessful attempts to snake the tub using a "large and small snake" the plumber proceeded to pour clobber down the drain. It turns out the plumber busted the PVC pipe in the process of snaking the drain and the clobber chemical leaked through my kitchen ceiling, walls, electrical and onto my quart counter-tops.

My question is about this chemical getting onto my quartz counter tops. Quartz is extremely porous and I am worried that I will forever have sulfuric acid in the counter tops my 1 year old daughter eats off of. I wasn't home at the time, but I think only a few ounces made it onto my counters.

What should I do? Are my counter tops now a hazmat disaster?

Thanks in advance for the help

If your plumber was really a "plumber" the insurance they are required to have will pay for repairing all the damages caused by the "plumber". Contact your "plumber" and get the insurance company involved.

Thanks for the quick response. We have already started the claims process with insurance. The obvious damage and repair is the Sheetrock and electrical.

My question is since there is no "visible" damage to the counter tops, but the chemical may have soaked in, do we have our insurance cover replacing all of our quartz counter tops?

What would you do if clobber got onto a counter top?

Was this a licensed plumber? If so, have him take care of this situation on his dime.

Reactions: SHR
YOUR insurance should not be involved. The "plumber" is responsible for the results of his actions.

Back