clamps

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
Do any of you plumbers know if there is a hose clamp on the market rated for up to 500 psi?

I would be concerned about how you would tighten a hose clamp to even hold 500 psi. Maybe a power drill? I had a hose built by a company that tied in my 1"copper to an air compressor I installed. I believe the hose was rated at 2500 psi . They literally built what I asked for. Something to look into, I cant remember the name of the company but im sure you could find one locally were ever you are.

johns link is a pretty NFA gear clamp, I wager it holds a pretty high psi.

what is your intended application? As I would be pretty sure you could find a gear clamp that would hold a high psi, like A pinhole leak or maybe even a small crack in a pipe but you would need a coupler ( perhaps a barbed type ) involved if your intention is to join 2 high pressure hoses together.

look into hydraulic Lines and companys that deal with them for high psi applications.

My project is AC in my jeep, I swapped in a Dodgbe 5.9 liter and still have the factory jeep AC in the jeep and just need to mate them together. I have already tried the hydraulic line route and one is possible and the other they don't have the fitting for. I was gonna barb them and then find a cood clamp or three to toss on. The low side is only about 120 PSI so I don't worry about that one but the high side is between 200-300 PSI and can spike to 400 if there is a problem. They are in a location that it would not effect anything if they blew but i would like to stay away from that if possible.

barbed coupler and a decent clamp would be my 2c for sure. If you have a little more of the tubeing material you could always make a test with the fittings by capping one end and hooking a compressor to the other. Better to know it WILL work than to hope it does.
:)

I think that will work as well. I have plenty of everything I need. The only reason I am doing it this way is because dodge made a funky fitting that is dealer only and comes the way I have it and will not mate. Hopefully in the next week or so I will have some test results for you guys.

Latest posts

Back