Cistern Help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexandra

Reaction score
I'd love some help! My plumber installed a back to wall cistern to my super tiny bathroom as per below. He was supposed to put the flush handle on the right hand side where there was more space. Instead he put it on the left, it sits behind the toilet lid, which means you can't put the toilet seat up properly. He is now telling me that this is the only way he can do it. However, it doesn't quite make sense to me, especially given the fact that the way he has done it, when you pull the flush, the plastic lever in the cistern seems to be bumping on the blue plastic bit on the side that connect to the water pipe.

So my question is: can you turn the cistern around, so the water pipe is connected to the back right with ballon thingy being on the left, and then happily put the flush handle on the front right? It would be on the side I need it and nothing would be bumping on anything.

Thanks so much for your help.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KVTRck4xfGyjcO4U2

IMG_20180204_130511b.jpg

Never seen anything like that before. :eek:
Are you in the UK? They have some odd stuff there.

check for a name on the bowl behind were the toilet
seat bolts down also there usually there are numbers cast
Into the inside if the tank if you get the name and numbers
that will help if you talk to the manufacturer

is that the origanal handle it looks like its to far out there must be
a handle that is closer to the bowl

take a picture of your toilet especially were the handle and
seat meet take it to a plumbing supply house not he or lowes
guys at the supply house deal with all kinds of issues he/lowes
aren't really trained for repair questions

was your handle always on the left looks like it was the way the
flush mechanism is placed but looks like you could put a handle
On the right if it was set up differently like the other poster
said where is this toilet from?????????

Last edited:
Haha! I can see this toilet already has some fans. Yes, I am in the UK unfortunately. Thanks for taking the time. I did try posting on uk forum, but I just couldn't, for the life of me, find out how. I didn't realise toilets were so different...

I told them about the handle. It is ridiculous that it is so far out and not catching on the wooden box. They said that was easily sorted (but hasn't been sorted yet).

How old is your toilet. For what they cost you could buy a new one with a right hand tank. Mansfield and Gerber make them for sure.

shopping.jpg

Back