Chemical Feed Volume

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the long delay in posting this, but there is one more lesson to learn here. I was premature when I said my smelly faucet problem was resolved. It seemed better initially but the new carbon filter media did not fix the rotten egg smell from the single cold faucet. I waited a few months to finally try the one thing my system guy suggested. I bought a new faucet and replaced the faucet that was only a little over a year old. Immediately, the smell was gone. Done. Over. Gone. It's now been a month or two and the smell is still gone. I don't remember if I ever posted this but my system guy was "guessing" at what could cause this problem and he guessed there could be some kind of metal internally in the faucet that, over time, degraded and created the rotten egg smell. He had never seen this, but it was his final guess before we replaced the carbon filter media. He was right. And I used the same supply lines to rule them out as the cause. It was not a cheap faucet either. Moen. To their credit, Moen refunded my money and asked that I send them the unit. I did and that is the last thing I know. How the faucet caused that is anyone's guess. Was it my well water, which tests fine? Chlorine in the system? The faucet's internals? No idea. But now the problem is finally fixed. One final time, thanks to everyone for the input.

Glad you got it the way you wanted it. I have no idea why it works so good the way that guy set it up, but if your happy, so are we. Say hi to Nicole Curtis for me.

Sorry for the long delay in posting this, but there is one more lesson to learn here. I was premature when I said my smelly faucet problem was resolved. It seemed better initially but the new carbon filter media did not fix the rotten egg smell from the single cold faucet. I waited a few months to finally try the one thing my system guy suggested.

I bought a new faucet and replaced the faucet that was only a little over a year old. Immediately, the smell was gone. Done. Over. Gone. It's now been a month or two and the smell is still gone.

I don't remember if I ever posted this but my system guy was "guessing" at what could cause this problem and he guessed there could be some kind of metal internally in the faucet that, over time, degraded and created the rotten egg smell. He had never seen this, but it was his final guess before we replaced the carbon filter media. He was right. And I used the same supply lines to rule them out as the cause. It was not a cheap faucet either. Moen.

To their credit, Moen refunded my money and asked that I send them the unit. I did and that is the last thing I know. How the faucet caused that is anyone's guess. Was it my well water, which tests fine? Chlorine in the system? The faucet's internals? No idea. But now the problem is finally fixed. One final time, thanks to everyone for the input.

Dollars to donuts, the faucet is CHI-COM, and only GOD knows what they used in the casting. Many of these off-shore products are packaged for and sold by numerous manufacturers.

Thankfully, Moen stepped up to the plate.

Latest posts

Back