Changing the garden tap

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainmaker

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to change the graden tap, it seems tootight or I am doing it wrong. The "rotating' part is broken and that's why I have to change the tap.

As you can see in the picture, the B is where the tap is attached to the wall with some kind of rubbery substance. So When I hold the tap with a spanner in A and rotate left, it does not seem to open. Sometimes it looks like it will break the joint to the wall and come off. I want to ask for help before I try it again. I put some oil on the areas and let it soak for an hour and tried it as well. No avail.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Tap01.jpg

That appears to be a soldered connection the back of the hosebib. Is that copper pipe coming out of the wall?

If so, DO NOT try to turn it any more, it could break off and make for a very nasty repair. You will need a torch, flux, solder and some sandpaper.

If you do not have any plumbing experience, You should call a plumber for that repair. There is limited amount of pipe to work with. keep your fingers cross that the piping is not cracked in the wall from trying to remove the hose bibb.

Thanks a lot guys. I am going to all a local Plumber.
Yes it looks like a copper pipe to me, where I pointed as "B".

Latest posts

Back