Changing laundry faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red

Reaction score
Looking to change our existing laundry faucet and noticed it had a valve and tube leading to the floor drain, I think. I suspect that this is to keep the trap in the floor drain filled with water. I am not sure but think the basement may have 2 drains and the tube is keeping the 2nd hidden drain filled with water.

Sorry for the 'handyman' explanation ... hope the picture explains things better. the valve is on the bottom of the faucet.

Do all laundry faucets have this set up or would this be a special set up.

Thanks
Steve

Plumbing 039.jpg

Steve it looks like that is a trap primer. There are other ways to set up a trap primer that wouldn't require it to be part of the faucet. It's going to be tough to find that same faucet with a taping for the primer.

John

There are other ways to set up a trap primer that wouldn't require it to be part of the faucet.

John

Can you give me a couple of suggerstions and is this something for a very basic DIY'er can tackle?

Steve

Can you post a picture of how the drain from the sink is connected and also were the copper line is going. There a couple of opinions on how to do this but I need to see these pictures before I can advise you as to the better one.

John

John

Here is picture of plumbing below the tub, our plan is to also install new laundry tub and the plumbing underneath as needed. The pipe going up is where the washing machine drains to and the pipe behind the washer goes some hidden drain. I'm not sure exactly where the drain is because the basement is mostly carpeted and previous owner had installed drywall panels. The waste water pipe and tubing from the trap primer goes behind the washer and then disappears behind the drywall.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Steve

Plumbing 001.jpg

Thanks John

And there is even a Wolseley dealer close to us.

Is that a "wiggle valve"? An older plumber I worked with was talking about a wiggle valve once for a trap primer but I have never seen one. Im just a young one lol

Latest posts

Back