Can't remove a Moen T4570 faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffobranch

Reaction score
I have been trying my hardest to remove what I think is a Moen T4570 faucet. I have had this faucet installed in my home for more than 15 years, so I am not totally sure the model number is the same.

Regardless, I can't get the hot and cold handles off (see attached photo). With a wrench, I can get the outer, lower chrome piece to turn counter clock wise, but it does not come off.

Any ideas what I need to do?

Thank you,

Jeff

IMG_0549.jpg

Jeff, that is a moen monticello, the ball part of the handle assembly should unscrew from the faucet body, just keep twisting. Once the handle assembly is removed ,there should be a mounting clip,washer,and a nut holding the faucet in place.

Great solution Jeff -- Even better job of no sink damage.

Reactions: ggp
Thanks for trying to find a solution to my problem. I loosened the plate that resides beneath the counter top which allowed enough room to pull the faucet assembly up high enough to get a reciprocating saw in there. With careful cutting, there was no damage to the counter top. When all else fails cut the dang thing off. :)

Sorry that I saw your problem too late. To remove the handle of Moen T4570, you need to turn the body (not the handle) counterclockwise until the handle loosen and fallen off.:)

Latest posts

Back