Canister head rebuild kit

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killermrob83

Reaction score
Here' something that you may or may not be able to help me with, but I thought I'd give it a try. I have a standard 20" cartridge filter canister just upstream of the softener that was installed by Kinetico when they put the softener in back in '94. The head of the canister has an 'on/off' handle on the top if it that you turn 180 degrees when changing out the filter. Water weeps out from around the red button underneath the handle, and also (I think) from around the valve stem. Not a major problem, as the leak eventually (after a day or so) heals itself, but I would like to address it. I contacted Kinetico and they told me that the canister is not their brand, and that they don't install that type any more. They used to sell a rebuild kit for it which consisted mainly of some O-rings, a small metal plate, and some screws, for $7.95, but they were out of stock. The gal I spoke with made a call to their supplier and found out that they no longer carry it. Unfortunately, I did not get a part number. The only markings on the entire canister are 'Made in USA' (on the head), IN and OUT (at the inlet/outlet connections), and ON/OFF (on the top ends of the valve handle) . There is a paper label over the screw that attaches the handle to the valve stem. That label says PATENT #4731____. There are 3 or 4 numbers missing that have been worn off over time. The canister and head are black. Can you direct me to where I might find the rebuild kit for this head? Thank you for your time and consideration.. Rob

Back