Can you buy bronze ..

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaken-n-stirred

Reaction score
I have found Grainger, Keeney, Oatey waste and overflow rough-in test kits. All seem to come with a chrome strainer. If one were to then by the finish kits in bronze you would have chrome strainer and a bronze pop-up. Is anyone aware of a waste and overflow rough-in test kit in bronze? Or if I were to find a trim kit separately would it come with a strained to replace the chrome before install.

Man finding all the related parts is a bear. You can find the test kits in chrome intended for pop-ups and then can only find the old lever operated trim kits.......

You can buy the strainer and drain plug In a variety of finishes, and just use the test kit part of the other. Another option is to use an 1 1/2" test ball on an extension hose to hold back the drainage pipe test.

Trying to avoid the balls. the caps seem so sweet.

I found some bronze stuff on-line after all. now the wife tells me she does not want the pop-up thingy, she wants the lever action unit. Can you do the lever action unit in ABS or do you have to use the brass. Seems like ABS would have a tougher time getting a leak proof (during bathing ) seal against he barrel thing on the chain.

Thanks for you indulgence of my pedestrian questions.

Latest posts

Back