Can this faucet cartridge be replaced?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwspot

Reaction score
The faucet was purchased at Potterybarn couple years ago. (they dont sell it anymore)
The hot water started to leak where the handle twists. (I tried to use some vinegar to clean it from inside with no luck)
Can this cartridge be replaced? I cannot even loosen it up.
Also, not sure where do i find the cartridge that matches it exactly so the remaining parts of the faucet can fit?

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 0
Frankly, it isn't really worth the effort compared to buying a name brand product from Moen, Delta, Pfister, Kohler, American Standard..that all have lifetime warranty.
The stem is likely replaceable and it is accessed by placing wrench on the topmost hex while having the body in a vise or pipe wrench. Then post picture of the valve stem. Might only need an o ring available from most hardware stores.

Frankly, it isn't really worth the effort compared to buying a name brand product from Moen, Delta, Pfister, Kohler, American Standard..that all have lifetime warranty.
The stem is likely replaceable and it is accessed by placing wrench on the topmost hex while having the body in a vise or pipe wrench. Then post picture of the valve stem. Might only need an o ring available from most hardware stores.
Thanks, i think because water leaks at the top replacing just ring might not do. I will try to open it although it is extremely difficult.
If not luck I will replace it with american brand as you recommended. Those made in china unknown brands are the worse to service.

FYI, any of those brands sold at Home Depot tend to have super cheap mostly plastic drains in the box. So, not an issue if you aren't changing the drain or finish, but that is one way they can sell for less, by including complete-junk throw away drains.

Latest posts

Back