Can someone tell me what this is? (Pic included)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timhall53

Reaction score
I need to reduce the water pressure at my house, currently it is at 100 psi. Is there a built in pressure reducer in any of this that I can adjust? If not, can I put a pressure reducer valve somewhere in this set up or do I need to crawl under the house to do it?photo.jpg

That is your Gas meter. There will be some plumbers here shortly to help you out. Mine is one the front of my house near my hose spigot but this could be different for you.

Last edited:
Like the o.p. said that's your gas meter, under no circumstances should you be messing with it:(

What you need is PRV installed on you incomming water to get the pressure down to a reasonable psi, should be installed near your main shut-off for your house

I was looking at that picture for the longest time before I realized that it is on its side. ;)

Ha Ha That's funny.
I glanced at the picture and didn't even notice until you mentioned it:eek:

P.S. Think the OP will come back and post another comment after he reads the replies.

Last edited:
When I started out, I was no different than the OP. We all have to learn sometime, and I'm just happy he chose this forum to post his question.

I was looking at that picture for the longest time before I realized that it is on its side. ;)

I run into this a lot of times, the problem is that the o.p. doesn't prevue his post, it's easy to turn it around when you post it, but a lot of times after it's posted you can't do it :(

Back